Dental x-rays are an essential part of your regular dental examinations. We use x-rays to look for hidden tooth decay, abscessed teeth, and conditions of the jawbone.
Additionally, dental x-rays allow us to inspect the condition of dental restorations such as fillings, crowns, implants, root canals, and bridges.
Benefits of Digital X-Rays
Digital x-rays offer many benefits, including:
- Reduced radiation exposure (50-90% reduction over traditional x-ray films)
- Elimination of darkroom chemicals, which is better for the environment
- Secure storage in our computer system and can be easily transmitted for insurance purposes, referrals or record transfers
- An almost instantaneous ability to view x-rays, which means no waiting for image results
- Dentist can enhance, magnify and annotate the x-ray image to help with diagnosis and education
In summary, digital x-rays are faster, cleaner, and allow us to provide more efficient and better quality care.